Search This Blog

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Our Eco-lawn experiment-Year 2

In the spring/ summer of 2010 we installed Eco-lawn in our front and back yard. Read our last update on the grass  here.

The Eco-lawn did fabulously well in winter, there was just very minimal browning with the grass going dormant in winter. Early in April 2011 we removed all the weeds that had sprung up and re-seeded the lawn.

You can see the extent of browning here.

Now that the heat has started to pick up here, we would be turning on the sprinklers. We will update the progress on the Eco-lawn performance and water requirements now that it is "established" well.

No comments:

Post a Comment