Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Disappearing Acts


I was going through my 2010 images folder and saw these ones (taken in early May).


I was right, I filled up all my planter beds up to the brim with amended soil. But for some weird reason the soil seems to have settled down quite a lot. I have kept adding a lot of compost on the top throughout this growing season.

Even then, I will still have a pretty big gap to top up after all my plants come out in winter. Maybe it is time to get a few more loads of compost before they close for the season. (Bay area residents- I pick up my free compost from the SMART station.I have also purchased compost from The Mountain View Garden Center when we had to amend the entire backyard with some of the good stuff.)

No comments:

Post a Comment