Search This Blog

Friday, August 5, 2011

Lucky finds at the local nursery

We hardly ever get time to go out on the weekends. Most of our time is spent digging around in the garden and fixing things. Add back-breaking harvesting to this mix in summer.

This past weekend we were hanging out at the local garden center and I spotted the last ones. The exotic and oh so representative of south India- the one and only Kanagambaram (sometimes also known as Kanakambaram)


And the special item on display was none other that Kanakambaram's soul mate - Malli.




Now all I need to do is get them to grow well and give me loads of Malli and Kanakambaram that I can string into a garland. 

I claim complete ignorance to the art of stringing garlands in the traditional Indian way, but this may be a big motivation to finally learn this. 

I found this interesting link online on how to string one- link


No comments:

Post a Comment